(née Samborska) musicologist; b.10th May 1930 in Lublin, d. 1st January 1999 in Warsaw. She studied pedagogy at the State Higher School of Music in Warsaw (1949-52) and musicology at the University of Warsaw (1949-54). In 1954-90 she worked at the Institute of Art of the Polish Academy of Sciences (before 1959: State Institute of Art) and in 1972-82 – the Academy of Catholic Theology (later: the Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University). She collected little-known music material and worked to promote early and folk music, and dance while collaborating with different educational centres. She received the Golden Cross of Merit (1979) and the Knight's Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta (1990).
updated: February 2015 (ab)